Author Topic: SYSADMIN Getting error notifications : WFENG_EVENT_NOTFOUND  (Read 1987 times)

Offline Arun

• World's largest Collection of Oracle Apps Self learning Videos... Interesting Puzzles, Technology News, and Apps Blogs !
SYSADMIN Getting error notifications : WFENG_EVENT_NOTFOUND
« on: August 23, 2006, 10:18:08 AM »

Hi All,

When some of the customized objects (including workflow) was reinstalled in one of my production environments, the following error notifications are flooding to the SYSADMIN user.

Event Error Name : WFEND_EVENT_NOTFOUND
Event Error Message : 3142: Process XXB2BRCV/370347 has no activities waiting to receive event "XXB2B_RECV"

The XXB2BRCV is my workflow and XXB2B_RECV is the business event name ( Sorry, no naming standards was followed here !)
Any clue on this would be a great help.

I checked the events and event subscription. There exists only a single row for the wf_events_subscription table for this event.

Regards,

Arun
VISIT US !!!  World's Largest Collection of Oracle Apps Self Learning Videos... Interesting Puzzles, Technology News, and Apps Blogs !
http://www.OracleAppsVideos.com/
My LinkedIn profile : www.linkedin.com/in/arunkumarmenon

Offline Arun

• World's largest Collection of Oracle Apps Self learning Videos... Interesting Puzzles, Technology News, and Apps Blogs !
Re: SYSADMIN Getting error notifications : WFENG_EVENT_NOTFOUND
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 07:25:12 AM »

Hi,

I have found out the cause of this problem too !
In fact, the WF was getting triggered from a trigger. We are raising a business event from trigger and subscribing the workflow to it. The DBAs reinstalled the entire pack few days before. The usual practice is to install the trigger in custom schema and create a synonym in APPS. When they reinstalled the pack, they, by mistake, installed the trigger in APPS. So APPS contained a synonym and a trigger with the same name. This was causing the business event to get executed twice (with the same item_key). This is certainly not possible and the error notifications were thrown !

Cheers

Arun
VISIT US !!!  World's Largest Collection of Oracle Apps Self Learning Videos... Interesting Puzzles, Technology News, and Apps Blogs !
http://www.OracleAppsVideos.com/
My LinkedIn profile : www.linkedin.com/in/arunkumarmenon