Author Topic: Review of 2 Getting Stared With Workflow Development  (Read 2911 times)

Offline helpdc

Review of 2 Getting Stared With Workflow Development
« on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:48 PM »
I very new at trying to understand Oracle Workflow.  I am a very experienced Oracle developer. 

I thought "2 Getting Started With Workflow Development" was very good.  The only comments are very minor: 1) p. 4 remove "for my one" 2) p. 5 Figure 2-4 should say "Main Process". 3) p. 8 When you are talking about saving the workflow, say to give it a name.wft. 4) p. 9 Blue tick icon should be Blue checkmark icon.

I liked the references to "you" and "your" because it makes easy reading for me but normally we are told not to use them. Example: If you created your workflow...   If the workflow is created...

I can't wait to review the following chapters because your book is very informative.

Thank you and I do appreciate your book.  There is not much training for Oracle Workflow since it may be replaced in the future with BPEL.

Offline Matthew Searle

• Administrator
    • WorkflowFAQ
Re: Review of 2 Getting Stared With Workflow Development
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:22:39 PM »
Thanks.

The last point is a language thing - the English would call it a "tick" whereas the Americans would call it a "checkmark".

The English would not know what a checkmark is, so maybe I need to think of a different term :)
View my online profile on LinkedIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattsearle